Translate

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Swami's Acai Bowl

I love Acai bowls
(
pronounced ah-sah-EE)
There are not many places to get them in Northern California so I often make them at home.  I had my first one in Hawaii and was hooked!
 
Two place where I get my Acai bowls are (Blue Hawaii in San Francisco and Vitality Bowl in San Ramon or the Stoneridge Mall Vitality Bowl-Just outside JCP) 
This recipe goes in layers, starting from the bottom (Acai Smoothie pack first

In the blender
2 cups Acai Smoothie pack (in the freezer section at Whole Foods) some have cane juice they also have sugarless
mix in with acai MACA (mixed in with the acai) Hemp, flax, chia seeds, aloe juice (optional)
(blend frozen blueberries, boysenberries, bananas and strawberries)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen boysenberries
handful of strawberries
 
Topping
2 tbsp bee pollen
1/4 cup coconut (optional)
coco nibs (optional)
granola 
1 banana
gogi berries (optional)
Swirl on some honey (optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comments

Pin it

Follow Me on Pinterest